Meal Kits: Trends and Opportunities in the U.S., 3rd Edition
Special offer: now 10% off original full report price
- After Amazon’s June 2017 acquisition of Whole Foods, the online food and beverage market has been changing rapidly as retailers have raced to compete with Amazon.
- Blue Apron’s highly anticipated IPO made it the first publicly traded meal kit company in the U.S., but the company has struggled to maintain customers and has lost its spot as market leader to HelloFresh due to declining revenues.
- Although subscription delivery services shaped the meal kit market, most of the major meal kit companies are offering their products through alternative venues to appeal to a wider audience.
- Mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships are becoming more commonplace as companies are increasingly competing with alternative products and services.
- Competitive meal options may offer greater advantages than meal kits, such as further convenience, increased shelf life, and lower price.
Combining Packaged Facts’ extensive monitoring of the food and beverage market with proprietary surveys conducted in 2018, Meal Kits: Trend and Opportunities in the U.S., 3rd Edition is the go-to source for a complete understanding of the U.S. meal kit market. This report evaluates current trends and future directions for marketing and retailing, along with consumer patterns across the entire food and beverage market and broader online grocery shopping market.
Meal Kits: Trends and Opportunities in the U.S., 3rd Edition forecasts market size and growth (2017-2023); examines new product availability; surveys retail channel trends including cross-channel shopping vs. customer loyalty
The information contained in Meal Kits: Trends and Opportunities in the U.S., 3rd Edition was developed from primary and secondary research sources. Primary research includes national online consumer polls of U.S. adult consumers (age 18+) conducted on an ongoing basis by Packaged Facts to analyze purchasing patterns and attitudes with regard to meal kit delivery services and food and beverage preferences. Primary research also includes interviews with food and beverage market experts; participation in and attendance at food industry events; and extensive internet canvassing. Our estimates of market size and company performance are based on reported revenues of meal kit companies, news reports, and more.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.