No- and Low-Lactose Food and Beverages in the U.S.
Special Offer. Now 20% off the original price of $1,995.
Lactose intolerance, real or perceived, is perhaps the best-known food sensitivity in the United States. It is estimated that a whopping 70% of the world’s population has a genetically controlled limited ability to digest lactose. Should these people avoid dairy foods? No. Should they eliminate lactose consumption? Probably not. Total elimination of dairy foods is unnecessary, and for nutritional purposes, not a good idea. Therefore, it is important for food manufacturers to help dairy maldigesters keep dairy foods in their diet. There’s a growing trend towards formulating foods that are free of lactose, and those dairy marketers that have ventured into the business have smiles of success on their face. Learn who the players are, and the products they are offering. Marketing messages are important, as is product support, distribution, and variety. Make the product, and the lactose intolerant consumer will buy it. Consumers who are avoiding lactose are craving great-tasting dairy foods that are free of this primary milk carbohydrate. Jump on the bandwagon, and give consumers what they want.
No- and Low-Lactose Foods and Beverages in the U.S., a new report from Packaged Facts, includes an in-depth analysis of leading, as well as up-and-coming marketers of lactose-free foods, including an overview of their offerings and their position in the marketplace. Insight is provided to what retailers are currently offering and what they want to offer. If you are a product developer, a marketer, or a retailer, this report is a must-have-tool in order to effectively compete in the growing, and very profitable lactose-free market.
The information in No- and Low-Lactose Foods and Beverages in the U.S. is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved on-site examination of the retail milieu, interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the food market and consultants to the industry. Market size data was derived from Information Resources, Inc. and trade sources. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. New product information is gathered via literature research, personal interviews and data compiled by ProductScan, a service of Datamonitor. Consumer information was derived from Simmons Market Research Bureau, fall 2005 National Consumer Survey.
What You’ll Get in this Report
No- and Low-Lactose Foods and Beverages in the U.S makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that No- and Low-Lactose Foods and Beverages in the U.S. offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market(including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, and analyses of the products they market)
- The Consumer (who’s buying what, and where)
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the food industry, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for low- and no-lactose foods, as well as projected sales and trends through 2010. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data, and a detailed discussion of the consumer for gluten-free products.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for lactose-free foods and beverages.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for lactose-free foods and beverages.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the food industry understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.