Food Flavors and Ingredients Outlook 2011, 8th Edition
The super slow and seemingly jobless recovery that defined 2010 will linger in 2011, further hampered by food inflation. Concurrently, addressing America’s obesity epidemic will take on heightened importance. This combination of factors will impact the what and why of consumer food and beverage selection, both at home and away in 2011. This report aims to highlight key flavor and ingredient trends for the coming year and provide relevant insights for food manufacturers, retailers and foodservice.
In addition to taking a look back at 2010, the eighth edition of this annual report provides insight into major flavor and ingredient trends for 2011 including:
- Flavors From Around the Globe
- Sustainability Trumps Local, Organic and Natural
- Wellness Overhaul
- Overcoming Obesity
- Plethora of Produce
- Flavor & Ingredient Crossovers
- Salty & Big: Wellness Be Damned
- Bolstering Breakfast
- Simply Savory
- Satisfying Sweets
The information in Food Flavors and Ingredients Outlook 2011. 8th Edition is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interviews with the Kruse Company and the Center for Culinary Development in addition to firsthand examination of the retail marketplace. Secondary research involved gathering data from various trade, business and government sources, including company websites and Internet blogs.
What You’ll Get in This Report
Food Flavors and Ingredients Outlook 2011 highlights predictions for the key drivers that will affect the U.S. food and beverage industry in 2011 including rising food prices, consumer desire to take control and remain tight-fisted, actual vs. perceived thrift, government and industry pressure for a healthier diet and more focus on pragmatic lifestyle choices to promote happiness and well being.
This year’s report provides more coverage of health and wellness topics, primarily as a result of the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010 and concern about dietary sodium and obesity. An insightful discussion of ten key trends impacting food and beverage manufacturers, retailers and foodservice operators sheds light on how these areas are likely to unfold in the coming year.
Benefits of This Report Include:
- Comprehensive coverage of the food flavors and ingredients trends expected to impact consumer food and beverage choices in 2011 contained in a single source
- Insight into how flavor and ingredient trends are moving through the retail and foodservice arenas
- In-depth assessment of how consumers, manufacturers, retailers and foodservice operators are focusing ever more on freshness, healthy eating and value, with produce a key feature
- Reference citations provided for secondary research sources throughout the report
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.