Eating Trends: Restaurant Use
Special offer: now 10% off original full report price
This Eating Trends report provides a topline data overview of continuity and changes in U.S. adult (age 18+) use of restaurants, with a focus on fast-food (limited-service) and full-service (sit-down table service) chain restaurants.
The purchasing, demographic, and psychographic data presented draw on the MRI-Simmons national consumer survey series,primarily referencing the Spring 2019 survey release, but also providing historical perspective through selected data back through Spring 2009.
Covered in the report are the following topics:
- Data pertaining to select top 100+ fast-food and full-service restaurant chains, including Starbucks, McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Chick-Fil-A, Subway, Applebee’s, Pizza Hut, Olive Garden, IHOP, and Popeyes, among others
- Analysis of consumer use of fast-food and full-service restaurants
- Spending and expenditure by U.S. adults at restaurants
- Frequency eating food from restaurants
- Demographic analysis of consumers more likely than average to be patrons of specific restaurants and to purchase specific types of food
- Eating tendencies alone and with others
- Use of restaurant coupons
- Use of restaurant or coffeehouse gift cards
- Restaurant mealtime trends—breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
- Breakout of fast-food restaurants by type of food or beverage—beef, barbecue, burgers, chicken, coffee, Tex-Mex, pizza, pasta, subs, ice cream, frozen yogurt, smoothies, seafood, and more
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.