Durable Dog and Cat Petcare Products, 2nd Edition
With more and more pet owners taking their pets with them when they leave the house, whether traveling, exercising, or just running errands, demand for products that make it easier and safer for pets to accompany their owners is surging. In full response mode, marketers are coming on strong with products that are portable, durable, and simplified, with innovative features that minimize the stress of pet ownership on the go. Pet carriers are just the start, with marketers in other product categories—including collars and leashes, crates, feeders
Also of paramount importance in the durable pet products market is the promise of convenience via high-tech features and automation, from self-cleaning litter boxes to automated feeders and waterers to “smart” collars utilizing Bluetooth technology and offering monitoring capabilities. The new “connected” lifestyle, brought to the fore by the growing incursion of online retailers into the pet market overall, has spurred innovations across the entire product spectrum, with smart products appearing in every durables category. Safety and comfort also factor in heavily, with pet owners seeking out top quality items that will both protect their pets and provide a comfortable, stress-free environment. Also impacting purchasing decisions across all durables categories are fashion and style considerations, with pet owners viewing their pet’s posh leather carriers, up-cycled collars, and designer garb as extensions of their own personal style.
Focusing on product innovation and consumer preferences, Durable Dog and Cat Petcare Products, 2nd Edition, breaks out this $4.9 billion market into seven categories:
- Toys: fetch toys, plush toys, non-edible chew toys, rope/pull toys, treat-dispensing toys, interactive toys, cat scratchers, and cat furniture/“kitty condos”
- Collars, leashes, and harnesses: basic/decorative collars, chain/choke collars, muzzle/head collars, training collars, e-collars, and activity trackers (medicated collars are excluded); basic harnesses, no-pull harnesses, and special needs/handicapped harnesses; basic leashes, retractable leashes, hands-free leashes, double leashes, and training leashes; tie-outs/stakes/cables
- Beds: pillow/cushion beds, nest/cuddle beds, donut/bolster beds, orthopedic beds, heated/cooling pads, kennel pads, raised cots, and covered/cave beds
- Carriers, crates, and housing: carriers, crates, pens/kennels, dog houses, travel/car accessories, strollers, and bicycle trailers, as well as other containment products including pet gates, doors, and fencing systems
- Bowls, feeders, waterers: bowls/diners/dishes, elevated bowls, slow feeders, gravity feeders/waterers, electronic feeders/waterers, travel feeders/waterers, feeding accessories, food storage
- Apparel/fashion accessories: outdoor clothing, decorative clothing, costumes
- Litter boxes and accessories: basic litter boxes, covered/enclosed litter boxes, automated litter boxes (including rake, rotating, self-flushing), decorative litter boxes; litter scoops; litter mats; waste disposal systems (excludes non-durable litter accessories such as waste bags and disposable litter boxes, litter mats, litter box liners, and litter additives)
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.