Antiperspirants and Deodorants in the U.S.
Special Offer. Now 20% off the original price of $1,995.
The U.S. market for antiperspirants and deodorants reached $1.9 billion in 2005, up 2.3% from $1.8 billion in 2004. Teenagers and young adults have emerged as a growth market, particularly fueling the explosion in deodorant sprays, the growth segment that presents a threat to old school antiperspirants and deodorants and even to the cologne and perfume market. However, category unit sales are declining, as usage among adults has decreased in spite of several new product launches and heavy marketing and advertising expenditure.
In this all new report, Antiperspirants and Deodorants in the U.S. , Packaged Facts examines the various products available along with an analysis of manufacturer and retailer strategies that are being used to maximize growth and profitability. Trend coverage includes consumer usage, brand preference, new products introductions, as well as the factors and trends that will fuel future growth.
Report Methodology The information in Antiperspirants and Deodorants in the U.S. is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved on-site examination of the retail milieu, interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the personal and household care market and consultants to the industry. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. Packaged Facts has derived mass merchandiser sales figures from Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) InfoScan sales-tracking data. New product information is gathered via literature research, personal interviews and data compiled by ProductScan, a service of Marketing Intelligence Service Ltd. Up-to-date profiles of key consumer demographics are based on Simmons Market Research Bureau data for Fall 2005.
What You'll Get in this Report Antiperspirants and Deodorants in the U.S. makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that Antiperspirants and Deodorants in the U.S. offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles
- Retail Strategies
- The Consumer
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
Plus, you'll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the antiperspirant and deodorant market, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current antiperspirant and deodorant market, as well as projected sales and trends through 2010. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data from IRI and other published and trade sources, a detailed discussion of the consumer for pretreated wipes based on Simmons data.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for antiperspirant and deodorant products.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for antiperspirant and deodorant products.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the antiperspirant and deodorant products industry understand the product to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.