The Religious Publishing and Products Market in the U.S.: Books, Music, Video and Accessories, 6th Edition
Published Aug 1, 2008 | 184 Pages | Pub ID: LA1692979
Special offer: now 20% off original price of $3,300
With few recent blockbuster hits to fuel exciting growth, the $6 billion U.S. religious publishing and products (RPP) market has calmed down somewhat from the glory days of the Da Vinci Code, Left Behind, and The Passion of the Christ. Nevertheless, the RPP market continues to grow, driven above all by the elevation of religion from the margins into the mainstream of popular culture. Now that the long-sought goal of mainstream status has been achieved, however, a complex dynamic has developed. No longer do evangelical Christians dominate the debate. On the more level playing field of pop culture, they confront formidable global competitors in the form of rival fundamentalisms, mainstream faiths, obscure beliefs, secular creeds, and atheism.
This study by Packaged Facts comprehensively examines the new RPP market competitive landscape. Profiled are major marketers, distributors, and retailers in all three RPP categories—books/print, gifts/merchandise, and audio/visual/software. Factors in future market growth are analyzed, and marketing and product trends are detailed. Also provided are current market size and growth estimates (2004-2008) and five-year projections (2009-2013). Completing this enlightening study is a thorough discussion of religious consumer characteristics.
Sources and Methodology
This study is based on a vast collection of information compiled from trade associations, polls/surveys, books, journals, newspapers, the Internet, in-store inspections, and nearly a decade’s worth of historical research by Packaged Facts.
What You’ll Get in this Report
Religious Publishing and Products Market in the U.S: Books, Music, Video and Accessories makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that Religious Publishing and Products Market in the U.S. offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, retailers, and analyses of the products they market)
- Retail and Internet Strategies
- The Consumer (who’s buying what, and where)
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the religious products market, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for religious books, music, video and accessories, as well as projected sales and trends through 2013. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data, and a detailed discussion of the consumer for religious products based on Simmons data.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for religious books, movies, music and accessories.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for religious products.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the publishing, video and music industries understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively