Private Label Credit Cards in the U.S., 11th Edition
Special offer: now 10% off original full report priceA $157 billion dollar industry in 2018 by loan receivables, private label credit card platforms continue to play an integral role in retailer loyalty programs, and the private label credit card industry will continue to benefit from the broader transition from paper-based to electronic payments--and related shifts in consumer purchasing behavior toward the card-friendly realm of digital commerce and in-app payments. The industry is aggressively pivoting to technology-based strategies, honing data analytics capabilities to target client customers more precisely and effectively in the effort to translate that targeting into consumer purchasing behavior. However, growth challenges also loom, including competition from installment loans and increasing credit risk. The greatest threat to private label credit cards, moreover, may be co-branded credit cards.
Private Label Credit Cards in the U.S., 11th Edition, provides a wealth of insight on this growing market, with an emphasis on program features and benefits analysis, loyalty program integration, program- and issuer-specific market sizing, and digital applications. The analysis in the report:
- Provides loans outstanding and purchase value estimates for the U.S. private label credit card market by issuer for 2016-2018, and a loans outstanding and purchase value forecast for 2019-2021, with forecast factors.
- Presents additional assessment of more than 20 individual private label credit card programs, including loans outstanding and purchase value.
- Assesses the industry shift to mobile and digital, including retailer mobile app usage and interest by feature and how mobile increasing fits into the loyalty and card strategies of major retailers.
- Assesses consumer usage and active usage of private label credit cards segmented by retailer type, as well as monthly private label credit card spending and portion of balance paid.
- Assesses the degree to which a variety of credit card credit card features and benefits would incentivize credit card users (private label and non-private label) users to sign up for a new private label credit card and would incentivize private label cardholders to them more often.
- Assesses U.S. private label card programs operated by the industry’s leading financial institutions, including Alliance Data Systems, Citi Retail Services, Capital One, Synchrony Financial Services, TD Bank and Wells Fargo, including private label card purchase value and loans outstanding by retailer.
- Trends general-purpose credit card and store card usage penetration, usage in past 30 days, and monthly usage frequency during 2011-2017.
- Assesses the impact store cards have on the type of payment used at the point of sale, receptivity to promotional marketing and tendency to act on that marketing.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.