Gluten-Free Foods and Beverages in the U.S., 4th Edition
Attention: There is an updated edition available for this report.
Published Oct 17, 2012 | 168 Pages | Pub ID: LA4880536
Special offer: now 20% original price of $3,500
The market for gluten-free foods and beverages has continued to grow even faster than anticipated, reaching $4.2 billion in 2012, for a compound annual growth rate of 28% over the 2008-2012 period. Within this diverse market, snack/granola bars are the leading category, at 15% of mass-market sales.
An August 2012 consumer survey by Packaged Facts shows that 18% of adults are buying or consuming foods products tagged as gluten-free, up from 15% in October 2010. Moreover, the share of gluten-free consumers who are buying more of these foods has skyrocketed, and the share of total shoppers who are buying more gluten-free foods has doubled. The conviction that gluten-free products are generally healthier is the top motivation for consumers of these products.
Increasing diagnoses of celiac disease and food allergies; growing awareness of these ailments among patients, healthcare practitioners, and the general public; the availability of more products, and better ones, across a range of product categories; and a trend that has friends and family members eating gluten-free to support loved ones are among the factors stimulating continuing expansion in this market.
While growth rates will moderate over the next five years in the wake of market expansion, Packaged Facts projects that U.S. sales of gluten-free foods and beverages will exceed $6.6 billion by 2017.
The analysis in Gluten-free Foods and Beverages in the U.S., 4th Edition is based on primary and secondary research. Primary research entailed in-depth, on-site examinations of retail outlets, including Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe’s, and grocery store chains; as well as interviews with marketers, retailers, food industry trade associations, celiac advocacy groups, and federal agencies. Our analysis of shopping trends and consumer preferences is derived from Packaged Facts’ proprietary consumer survey, which is based on a national online poll conducted in August 2012. Secondary research entailed data gathering from relevant sources, including trade and consumer publications, company literature and annual reports, and government sources.
What You’ll Get in This Report
In Gluten-free Foods and Beverages in the U.S., 4th Edition, Packaged Facts not only analyzes the U.S. market in detail, but also provides valuable insights and recommendations regarding emerging consumer trends, the products gluten- and allergy-sensitive consumers seek, and how companies can participate in this market on a global scale. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that Gluten-free Foods and Beverages in the U.S., 4th Edition, offers. Easy-to-read and practical charts, tables, graphs, and illustrations make this report very user-friendly.
This report will help:
- Marketing managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for gluten-free foods and beverages.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for gluten-free foods and beverages.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the banking and retail industries understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to buy gluten-free foods and beverages.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.