Market Trends: Trimming Trans Fats -- The Move Toward "Healthy Fats"
Special Offer. Now 25% off the original price of $1995.
In the 1990s, fat was out - or at least it was kept low. Move to the 2000s and, with the ascendancy of the low-carb diet, fat’s back in. But not really all fat - maybe now just “healthy” fat. Increasingly, nutritionists and researchers are discovering - and publicizing - the dangers of saturated fats and trans fatty acids, components of many packaged, processed foods. By January 2006, under new Food and Drug Administration regulations, all food marketers will have to disclose the level of trans fats in their packaged products. Already, many large companies, such as Frito-Lay, Nabisco and Tyson Foods, have eliminated or reduced the level of trans fats in their products, and many more are sure to follow suit. This report examines the issues behind the efforts to reduce or remove trans fats from products, and the impact that will have on the marketplace and the consumer.
Introducing Market Trends
Market Trends is the latest product line from Packaged Facts. These timely, compact reports offer insight and analysis into new product trends, demographic shifts, and consumer behaviors that affect the food, beverage and consumer goods industries.
The information in Market Trends: Trimming Trans Fats - The Move Toward “Healthy Fats” is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the food industry and consultants to the industry. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. The analysis of consumer demographics derives from Simmons Market Research Bureau survey data for fall 2003.
What You’ll Get in this Report
Market Trends: Trimming Trans Fats - The Move Toward “Healthy Fats” offers unique perspective on the food industry’s efforts to remove or minimize trans and saturated fats from processed products - and the impact that will have on the marketplace. No other market research report provides the analysis and trends coverage that Trimming Trans Fats offers. Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company wants to understand and get ahead of what could be the next “big” diet and health trend, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the factors that influence the development of this market.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for new products and ingredients.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for zero trans-fat product introductions.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the food industry to help understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.