Market Trends: Sunglasses
The U.S. non-prescription sunglasses market has faced tough times in recent years. Sales have tapered since 2000 when they exceeded $2 billion, in part due to an aging American consumer market base leaving the non-prescription sunglasses market for the prescription sunglasses market. In spite of this, the industry is posed for a comeback. The introduction of a host of stylish designs by popular fashion houses, coupled with a growing consumer awareness of the harmful effects of ultra-violet rays and the functional protective benefit sunglasses provide, may turn the industry around.
The Packaged Facts report, Market Trends: Sunglasses, covers the U.S. market for non-subscription (plano) sunwear, clip-ons and goggles. Prescription sunglasses, tinted lenses and all other eyewear products are beyond the scope of this report.
Market Trends: Sunglasses examines the state of the U.S. market, with a look at manufacturer and retailer strategies used to maximize growth and profitability. Coverage includes analysis of consumer usage, brand preference, retailing, new products and factors and trends (such as the impact of fashion on sunglasses as an accessory purchase and the impact of sports participation on sunglass purchases) that will fuel future growth.
Introducing Market Trends
Market Trends is the latest product line from Packaged Facts. These timely, compact reports offer insight and analysis into new product trends, demographic shifts, and consumer behaviors that affect the food, beverage and consumer goods industries.
The information in Market Trends: Sunglasses is obtained from both primary and secondary research. Primary research data is provided by Simmons Market Research Bureau (consumer buying and usage data), U.S. government data, and prominent sunwear and eyewear associations. Secondary research data has been obtained from trade association publications, business and medical journals, company literature and websites, databases, and investment reports.
What You’ll Get in this Report
Market Trends: Sunglasses offers unique perspective on an evolving market. No other market research report provides the analysis and trends coverage that Packaged Facts offers. Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company wants to get a head’s up on the trends that will be driving the market, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the factors that influence the development of this market.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for new product introductions.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the sunglasses industry and related industries to understand consumer mindset and to develop consumer messaging for these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.