Market Trends: Low Sodium Foods
Special Offer. Now 25% off the original price of $2250.
Is sodium the next “low” frontier?
For many years scientists and nutritionists have debated the health impact of too much salt in the diet, and a consensus is now emerging that high sodium intake can indeed have harmful effects, particular on the heart and blood pressure. Formulating and promoting low sodium foods is not a new phenomenon - the low sodium label graces many soups, cereals and packaged meats - but the warnings from health professionals and the ever-changing diet concerns of the American consumer may elevate low sodium to a status equal to that of low fat, carbs and sugar.
This new Packaged Facts reports examines the market for low sodium foods and beverages, examining a wide variety of product categories and marketers (including Campbell, PepsiCo., Kraft/Nabsico, Conagra (Healthy Choice), General Mills (Progresso)), and the impact these efforts will have on the consumer and marketplace.
Introducing Market Trends
Market Trends is the latest product line from Packaged Facts. These timely, compact reports offer insight and analysis into new product trends, demographic shifts, and consumer behaviors that affect the food, beverage and consumer goods industries.
The information in Market Trends: Low Sodium Foods and Beverages is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved consumer interviews, onsite examinations of the retail en interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the food industry and consultants to the industry. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. The analysis of consumer demographics derives from Simmons Market Research Bureau survey data for fall 2003.
What You’ll Get in this Report
Market Trends: Low Sodium Foods and Beverages offers unique perspective on the growing evidence that high sodium intake can lead to heart disease - and the impact that will have on the marketplace. No other market research report provides the analysis and trends coverage that Low Sodium Foods and Beverages offers. Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company wants to understand and get ahead of what could be the next “big” diet and health trend, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the factors that influence the development of this market.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for new products and ingredients.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for low sodium product introductions.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the food industry to help understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.