The U.S. Market for Sweet Baked Goods
Special Offer. Now 25% off the original price of $3000.
Packaged Facts’ 2005 edition of The U.S. Market for Sweet Baked Goods analyzes the $12 billion market for packaged products sold at retail, fighting to return to the good graces of consumers. The report divides the market into seven principal categories—Cookies, Pastries, Snack Cakes, Cakes, Doughnuts, Pies, and Muffins—with quantitative mass-market retail sales analyses based on Information Resources, Inc.’s InfoScan data substantiated by extensive qualitative analysis. The report also documents market size and composition, major marketers and brand shares, and distribution and retail trends, providing market projections through 2010, along with Simmons Market Research Bureau consumer survey-based demographic profiles of sweet baked good consumers across the categories. Coverage also includes the competition in the form of in-store bakeries and external sweet bakers.
The information in The U.S. Market for Sweet Baked Goods is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved on-site examination of the retail milieu, interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the baked goods market and consultants to the industry. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. Packaged Facts has derived mass merchandiser sales figures from Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) InfoScan sales-tracking data. Figures provided on national consumer advertising expenditures are based primarily on data compiled by TNS Media Intelligence, the leading provider of strategic advertising and marketing communications intelligence. The analysis of consumer demographics derives from Simmons Market Research Bureau survey data for Spring 2005. New product information is gathered from ProductScan, a service of Marketing Intelligence Service Ltd.
The U.S. Market for Sweet Baked Goods makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market and ways current and prospective marketers can ride trends for success. Consumers are bouncing back from low-carb diets and are once again willing to indulge in comfort foods such as sweet baked goods. Quick, convenient, yet tastes-like-homemade products such as cakes and donuts are experiencing growth in the market, while other categories continue to expand despite the encroaching internal and external competition. Private label products, in-store bakeries and external sweet bakers are also affecting sales in this mature market. Future market growth, albeit relatively modest, looks promising and will come from a new wave of sophisticated, tasteful, and convenience-oriented products.
What You’ll Get in this Report
The U.S. Market for Sweet Baked Goods is a brand-new report that offers a unique perspective on the changing market for packaged and fresh baked goods. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that The U.S. Market for Sweet Baked Goods offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market(including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, and analyses of the products they market)
- Retail Strategies
- The Consumer (who’s buying what, and where)
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
Scroll down to see a more detailed outline of the contents of this report.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the sweet baked goods market, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for sweet baked goods, as well as projected sales and trends through 2010. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data from IRI and other published and trade sources, a detailed discussion of the consumer for sweet baked goods based on Simmons data.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for Sweet Baked Goods
- Research and developmentprofessionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for products in the packaged and fresh baked goods arenas.
- Advertising agenciesworking with clients in the food industry understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executivesunderstand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librariansprovide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.