Retail Food Marketing Trends in the U.S.: Technology, Mobile, and Social Media
Special offer: now 20% off original full report price
The food retailing industry is being swept by the winds of technological change, which has tremendous competitive ramifications for tomorrow’s food retail marketers. From harnessing social media to initiating mobile payments to integrating digital loyalty platforms to gauging the related shift in consumer food retail engagement habits and preferences, the industry has its hands full in planning tomorrow grocery experience. Retail Food Marketing Trends in the U.S.: Technology, Mobile, and Social Media assesses how food retailers can best leverage these trends—and many others—to grow their businesses, with a focus on implications for the future. In this respect, from a demographic standpoint, the report focuses on generational differences by marital status and presence of children, household income and gender. More specifically, the report assesses:
- Consumer usage of grocery/supermarket traditional and emerging promotional methods; loyalty programs; and couponing. We also provide food retailer applications, and we assess consumer attitudes toward information sharing.
- Consumer online purchasing, including food/grocery purchases; identifies online grocery shopping players and innovators; discusses the emerging “click and collect” in-store pickup trend; and drills into consumers online grocery shopping and research preferences.
- Consumer usage and usage frequency of social media and leading social media sites; their attitudes toward social media and how it influences their brand behavior; and the degree of influence social media, email marketing, and weekly flyers have on their grocery purchase decisions.
- Smartphone ownership trends; types of apps used; consumer usage and interest in mobile app features and benefits; and food retail mobile app leaders and innovators.
- Consumers’ referencing in-store advertising methods while shopping; in-store promotion and displays as purchase influencers; and mobile payments and digital wallet innovation.
- Consumer usage of shopper reward programs, including grocery store/supermarket rewards programs; loyalty programs as a grocery purchase influencer; use of supermarket loyalty/reward mobile app to redeem rewards/loyalty points; and grocery/supermarket loyalty program leaders.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.