Private Label Credit Cards in the U.S., 12th Edition
This report covers the U.S. market for private-label credit cards (PLCCs), including store cards, with an emphasis on retail credit card program features and benefits analysis, retail card strategies, and growth trends. More specifically, the report:
- Analyzes the impact of COVID-19 on the retail sector and the private-label credit card market.
- Provides an analysis of large retailer strategies to innovate/stay above water during COVID-19's window of unprecedented stress on the retail economy.
- Outlines the going-forward strategies of top private-label credit card issuers. Those issuers are Alliance Data Systems, Citi Retail Services, Capital One, Synchrony Financial Services, TD Bank, and Wells Fargo.
- Conducts an in-depth analysis of seven private-label credit card programs from within the context of the retailer’s loyalty program and its results. Program analysis of American Eagle, Forever 21, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Target, and Victoria’s Secret are included. Each profile includes survey-based analysis of customer demographics.
- Assesses consumer use of private-label credit cards segmented by retailer type, including the type of card they use most frequently, and which features and benefits would entice private-label credit cardholders to use this purchasing method more frequently.
The information contained in this report was obtained from primary and secondary research. Primary research included a Packaged Facts February/March 2021 national consumer survey with a sample of 2,000 U.S. adults (age 18+), with the sample in aggregate being census representative on the primary demographic measures of age, gender, geographic region, race/ethnicity, and household income. The discussion of store card usage patterns and demographics also draws on Fall 2020 release MRI National Consumer Study data, with field dates through November 2020.
Market estimates draw on multiple sources, including:
- company annual and quarterly filings
- FDIC Reports of Condition and Income (also known as Call Report data)
- credit card trusts (asset-backed securities backed by credit card loans held by financial institutions)
- Federal Reserve data
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.