The U.S. Motorcycle Market
Special Offer. Now 25% off the original price of $3000.
The $14.6 billion U.S. market for motorcycles is set to see its 13th consecutive growth year with the support of the of a key consumer bloc. Baby boomers are heading out on the highway in droves. This Packaged Facts report covers the explosive market for motorcycles, including cruisers, sport bikes, touring and dirt bikes, which accounted for about 91% of motorcycle sales in 2004 and scooters, standard bikes and dual-purpose bikes, which accounted for the rest of the market. All segments will get a boost in the coming year, due to skyrocketing gas prices, bringing more cycle devotees into the core user group and further changing the face of the motorcycle consumer. This all new Packaged Facts report looks into distribution and retail growth areas, such as alternate forms of financing for distributors.
The report combines sales data with extensive research and analysis to provide complete coverage of all types of motorcycles. The report documents market size and composition, details marketing and retail trends like customization, forecasts market developments through 2010, and profiles motorcycle consumers using the most current Simmons Market Research Bureau data available.
The information in The U.S. Market for Motorcycles is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved an examination of the retail milieu, interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the motorcycle market and consultants to the industry. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. The report utilizes data from Bureau of Transportation Statistics and the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC), which tracks category sales, marketer sales as well as trends affecting the industry and the U.S. Census Bureau for estimating the market size and shares of various categories. Data pertaining to foreign trade and shipment values are also obtained from the Census Bureau. Figures provided on national consumer advertising expenditures are based primarily on data compiled by TNS Media Intelligence, the leading provider of strategic advertising and marketing communications intelligence. The analysis of consumer demographics derives from Simmons Market Research Bureau survey data for spring 2005.
The report looks at every segment of the motorcycle market, examining trends for growth and projecting sales of products through 2010. It analyzes consumer demographics and their current and projected impact on sales of motorcycles. It provides up-to-date competitive profiles of marketers of motorcycle products and discusses the influence of demographic trends as a driver of retail trends. The report also spotlights new products and current distribution trends, and offers readers trends and marketing opportunities within the transportation industry.
What You’ll Get in this Report
The U.S. Market for Motorcycles makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that The U.S. Market for Motorcycles offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream motorcycle marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, and analyses of the products they market)
- Retail Strategies
- The Consumer (who’s buying what, and where)
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
Scroll down to see a more detailed outline of the contents of this report.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the motorcycle market, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for motorcycle products, as well as projected sales and trends through 2010. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data from published and trade sources, a detailed discussion of the consumer for motorcycles based on Simmons data.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for motorcycle products
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for products in the motorcycle arena.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the motorcycle and related industries to understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.