The U.S. Lawn and Garden Market
Special Offer. Now 25% off the original price of $3000.
The $24 billion lawn and garden market has been full of surprises since 2003—with acquisition activity taking some odd and unexpected turns, marketers embarking on forays into distribution and retail channels, and professional companies flooding consumer categories with crossover products. In our new updated 2005 edition of Packaged Facts’ widely popular and well-received study The U.S. Lawn and Garden Market, these and other surprising developments are explored and their underlying dynamics explained within the context of a comprehensive overview and in-depth analysis of the current market. Major issues and trends are addressed, including the impact of regulation on technology, the ongoing housing boom and aging baby boomers as primary growth drivers, economic and weather uncertainties as potential growth inhibitors, and conglomeratization and vertical integration as strategic responses to a rapidly shifting competitive landscape.
Now in its 6th edition, this study features numerous tables detailing sales patterns for L&G equipment, supplies, and services, with projections offered to 2009. It also contains profiles of major marketers such as MTD, Toro, Electrolux, Deere, Ames True Temper, Fiskars, Scotts, TruGreen-Chemlawn, and now Briggs & Stratton and Rayovac; provides compete coverage of new product trends; engages in a thorough analysis of distribution and retail sectors; and surveys consumer purchasing patterns for numerous lawn and garden products and services.
The information in The U.S. Lawn and Garden Market is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved on-site examination of the retail milieu, interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the lawn and garden market and consultants to the industry. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. New product information is gathered via literature research, personal interviews and data compiled by ProductScan, a service of Marketing Intelligence Service Ltd. Consumer information was derived from Simmons Market Research Bureau, fall 2004 National Consumer Survey.
What You’ll Get in this Report
The U.S. Lawn and Garden Market makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that The U.S. Lawn and Garden Market offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, and analyses of the products they market)
- Retail and Internet Strategies
- The Consumer (who’s buying what, and where)
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
Scroll down to see a more detailed outline of the contents of this report.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the lawn and garden market, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for lawn and garden equipment, supplies and services, as well as projected sales and trends through 2009. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data, and a detailed discussion of the consumer for lawn and garden products based on Simmons data.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for lawn and garden equipment, supplies and services.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for lawn and garden products.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the lawn/garden industry understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.