Laundry Care Products in the U.S.
The laundry care product market is mature but seems to be recapturing its youth with new product innovation and marketing based firmly in consumer needs. Since it’s no longer one size fits all in the laundry care market, recent years have seen an increase laundry product forms, new scents, niche products addressing allergies, eco-concerns and consumer interest in high-end cleaning tools. In an ever evolving culture of “me,” exemplified by the popularity of reality-based programming, consumer-generated content and a plethora of products that are 'made just for me,' niche laundry care product innovation that engages the power of individual ego will be more successful than those that offer a one-size-fits-all benefit. Already the industry is making strides in personalizing and customizing through specific scent and cleaning benefits.
Laundry Care Products in the U.S. Report looks at every segment of the laundry care market, including detergents, fabric softener, bleach, and other treatment/specialty products, examines trends for growth and projects sales of products through 2011. It discusses new product introductions and the wide-ranging marketing efforts to support them. The report also breaks out sales by distribution channel and describes strategies and merchandising approaches. It looks at relevant consumer trends and analyzes consumer usage both by segment and brand. Finally, the report includes profiles of market leaders and niche “companies of interest.”
The information in Laundry Care Products in the U.S. is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved on-site examination of the retail milieu, interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the personal care market and consultants to the industry. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. Packaged Facts has derived mass merchandiser sales figures from Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) InfoScan sales-tracking data. Figures provided on national consumer advertising expenditures are based primarily on data compiled by CMR/TNS Media Intelligence U.S., the leading provider of strategic advertising and marketing communications intelligence. The analysis of consumer demographics derives from Simmons Market Research Bureau survey data for fall 2006. New product information is gathered via literature research, personal interviews and data compiled by ProductScan, a service of Datamonitor Ltd.
The report looks at every segment of the laundry care category, examining trends for growth and projecting sales of products through 2011. It analyzes consumer demographics and their current and projected impact on sales of laundry care products. It provides up-to-date competitive profiles of marketers of laundry care products - including a look at smaller, up-and-coming companies and brands - and discusses the influence of demographic trends as a driver of retail trends. The report also spotlights new products and current distribution trends, and offers readers trends and marketing opportunities within the laundry care industry.
What You’ll Get in this Report
Laundry Care Products in the U.S. makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that Laundry Care Products in the U.S. offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, and analyses of the products they market)
- The Consumer
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
- Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report If your company is already competing in the laundry care market, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for laundry care products, as well as projected sales and trends through 2011. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data from IRI and other published and trade sources, a detailed discussion of the laundry care consumer based on Simmons data. This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for laundry care products
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for laundry care products.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the laundry care industry understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.