The U.S. Market for Gourmet Foods and Beverages: Volume 2 -- Consumer Profiles
Special Offer. Now 25% off the original price of $2500.
Over 38.8 million U.S. adults (or 18.3%) agree that they “try to eat gourmet food whenever they can,” with 12.0 million of these consumers strongly agreeing that they seek out gourmet foods. Based on the fall 2004 Simmons consumer survey, The U.S. Market for Gourmet Foods and Beverages: Consumer Profiles lays out the demographics for gourmet consumers overall and for the strongly gourmet-oriented “foodies.” Coverage includes data on weekly grocery shopping expenditures, responsiveness to grocery advertising media, and patterns by supermarket chain (ranging from Wal-Mart to Whole Foods).
In addition, this report charts the demographics and indicators for gourmet food brands in seven categories: beverages (non-alcoholic); ready-to-eat meals; baked goods, pasta, and grains; condiments/sauces; cheese; candy; and ice cream/frozen desserts. Brands profiled—including via usage indexes among gourmet consumers—include Barilla (boasting a 19% usage rate), Ben & Jerry’s, Cabot, Carr’s, Celestial Seasonings, Godiva, Marie Callender’s, Newman’s Own, Pepperidge Farm, Perrier, Snapple, Starbucks, and Tabasco.
Gourmet Foods and Beverages: Consumer Profiles is the second of two volumes in Packaged Fact’s overall report, The U.S. Market for Gourmet Foods and Beverages. Volume 1 addresses the Market, Products and Trends in the gourmet market.
The information in The U.S. Market for Gourmet Foods and Beverages: Consumer Profiles is based on extensive analysis and cross-tabbing of data compiled by Simmons Market Research Bureau, which creates a unique portrait of the gourmet consumer based on numerous demographic characteristics, as well as profiles of the consumer based on the brands they purchase.
What You’ll Get in this Report
The U.S. Market for Gourmet Foods and Beverages: Consumer Profiles answers the all-important question: “who is the gourmet food consumer.” No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that The U.S. Market for Gourmet Foods and Beverages: Consumer Profilesoffers.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the gourmet and specialty food industry, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive discussion of the consumer for gourmet foods based on Simmons data.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for gourmet foods based on consumer profiles.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of demand for gourmet and specialty foods and beverages based on who’s buying what.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the food and beverage industries understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.