Gourmet Chocolate in the U.S.
Special Offer. Now 20% off the original price of $1,995.
The gourmet chocolate market is an upscale market, but should no longer be considered exclusive. Consumers have better-educated taste buds and an increasing appetite for gourmet and premium chocolate product. This appetite is being fed through myriad retail outlets beyond the boutique, from mass, such as drugstore and supermarkets, to independent chocolate cafes à la the likes of ubiquitous Starbucks coffee houses. And, in a sure sign of maturity, the market is now characterized by the acquisition of small marketers by the big boys, such as Hershey's 2005 purchase of boutique chocolatier Scharffen Berger.
As a result of the variety of retail outlets and consumer interest, recently boosted with the wave of positive press regarding the health benefits of cacao, gourmet chocolates are among the fastest growing segments of their respective markets. This new Market Trends report, U.S. Gourmet Chocolate Market , examines the growing $1.3 billion market for the personal indulgence that is gourmet/premium chocolate. The report concentrates on the premium market (including See’s, Godiva, Lindt/Ghiradelli, Perugina), but also addresses boutique marketers (such as Lake Champlain) and mass-market manufacturers that offer upscale products (such as Dove). The report also examines factors to market growth such as the touted health benefits of dark chocolate, the growing popularity of organic chocolate and the role of select demographic groups (such as aging boomers and Asian Americans).
The information in Gourmet Chocolate in the U.S. is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the food and ingredient markets and consultants to the industry. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. The analysis of consumer demographics derives from Simmons Market Research Bureau survey data for fall 2005.
What You’ll Get in this Report
Gourmet Chocolate in the U.S. offers unique perspective on the upscale chocolate market. No other market research report provides the analysis and trends coverage that Gourmet Chocolate offers. Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company wants to get a head’s up on the trends that will be driving the premium chocolate market, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the factors that influence the development of this market.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for gourmet chocolate.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for new premium chocolate introductions.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the food industry to help understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.