Gluten-Free Foods and Beverages in the U.S.
Special Offer. Now 20% off the original price of $2,500.
Until recently, celiac disease was considered to be a rare disorder; however, today it is believed that three million Americans, a little less than 1% percent of the population, may have celiac disease. Celiacs are intolerant to gluten, the protein found in all forms of wheat (including durum, semolina, and spelt), rye, oats, barley, and related grain hybrids such as triticale and kamut. Often when food scientists think of avoiding gluten in a product formulation, they think wheat flour only. However, there are many hidden sources of gluten in the food ingredients business, and even the slightest amount in a food product can cause the celiac many discomforts. Currently it is estimated that 97% of celiacs remain undiagnosed and go untreated. It is also estimated that the number of known sufferers of celiac disease will increase worldwide by a factor of 10 during the next few years. Some consumers who have tested negative for celiac disease still avoid gluten because of other real or perceived reactions to gluten in the diet.
Also, some consumers with various neuropathies have experienced an improved condition while on a gluten-free diet. At the same time, a new group of consumers seems to be migrating to the gluten-free market from organic and natural foods and other segments. These trends suggest an opportunity exists for greater development and marketing of gluten-free foods.
Gluten Free Foods and Beverages in the U.S., a new report from Packaged Facts, includes an in-depth analysis of leading, as well as up-and-coming marketers of gluten-free foods, including an overview of their offerings and their position in the marketplace. Insight is provided to what retailers are currently offering and what they want to offer. If you are a product developer, a marketer, or a retailer, this report is a must-have-tool in order to effectively compete in the growing, and very profitable gluten-free market.
The information in Gluten-Free Foods and Beverages in the U.S. is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved on-site examination of the retail milieu, interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the food market and consultants to the industry. Market size data was derived from Information Resources, Inc. and trade sources. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. New product information is gathered via literature research, personal interviews and data compiled by ProductScan, a service of Datamonitor. Consumer information was derived from Simmons Market Research Bureau, fall 2005 National Consumer Survey.
What You’ll Get in this Report
Gluten-Free Foods and Beverages in the U.S. makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that Gluten-Free Foods and Beverages in the U.S. offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, and analyses of the products they market)
- The Consumer (who’s buying what, and where)
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report If your company is already competing in the food industry, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for gluten-free foods, as well as projected sales and trends through 2010. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data, and a detailed discussion of the consumer for gluten-free products.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for gluten-free foods and beverages.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for gluten-free foods and beverages.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the food industry understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.