Food Gifting in the U.S., 5th Edition
Special offer: now 20% off original full report price
Food Gifting in the U.S., 5th EditionPackaged Facts forecasts U.S. consumer and corporate food gifting sales to grow 3.5% in 2016, buoyed by personalized food gifts and food gift types, although usage among Millennials and Gen Xers may pose challenges. The fifth edition of Food Gifting in the U.S. provides analysis of gifting trends in the growing personalized food gifts market, relying in part on trended proprietary survey analysis spanning 2010-2016.
Food Gifting in the U.S., 5th Edition Does The Following:
- Identifies key gifting trends and themes in the food gifting market, supported by examples and related product images. Themes and topics explored include everyday purchases, seasonal flavor trends, kids’ gifting, gender and product packaging, gourmet food
- Analyzes leading companies and brands specializing in a range of food gift categories, including chocolate bakery, salty food, fruit, savory food, gourmet food and floral/multi-branding.
Analysisfocuses on brand positioning, product innovation andmarketing strategy.
- Assesses the food gifter from a variety of perspectives, including for whom they purchase food gifts (i.e. mother, friend, coworker, etc.), the amount they spend per gift, and the number of recipients for whom they purchase the gifts. To help shed light on each of these perspectives, in each case, we trend 2010-2016 proprietary consumer data. We also assess the giving and receiving of business food gifts.
- Analyzes food gifters according to the types of food gifts they purchase for themselves and the types they purchase for others. In each case, we trend 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016 proprietary consumer data.
- Analyzes why consumers purchase food gifts and what attributes they seek when choosing a food
gift,and explores rationales given for not purchasing specialty food gifts.
- Provides insight on consumer online, phone and mail ordering trends generally; with respect to gourmet gift baskets; and with respect to Amazon and six food gifting-centric specialty retailers. Via more than 15 retail distribution options, it also assesses where consumers have purchased food gifts during the past 12 months, comparing survey results for 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016.
- Identifies and trends key market opportunities for food gifting by occasion, including the winter holidays, Easter, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, graduations, weddings and anniversaries.
- Provides in-depth analysis of leading food gifting companies, organized by product specialty: Chocolate specialists (Russell Stover Candies, Lindt & Sprüngli AG and Godiva), Bakery food specialists (Cookies by Design and Nothing Bundt Cakes), Salty food specialist (KingOfPOP.com and Popcornopolis), Fruit specialist (Edible Arrangements); Savory food specialist (Hickory Farms), Gourmet food specialists (Harry & David and Dean & DeLuca) and Floral Floral/multi-brand specialists (1-800-FLOWERS.COM and FTD Companies, Inc.).
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.