Food Flavors and Ingredients Outlook 2012, 9th Edition
Special offer: now 10% off original price of $3,500
Whether or not there is a double dip recession or the Euro Zone financial crisis spills over onto U.S. shores, the economic picture for 2012 appears bleak, at best. Feeling the squeeze, both the employed and out-of-work will continue to practice the frugal behaviors adopted during the Great Recession of 2008 while also attempting to incorporate healthy food choices into their daily routines.
Seeking to overcome the boredom of extended frugality, consumers will especially value creative attempts by manufacturers, retailers, and foodservice operators to affordably introduce variety, comfort and indulgence to their taste experiences.
As in years past, the goal of this report is to identify and discuss the flavor and ingredient trends expected to have a major impact in 2012 on food consumed both at home and away.
The ninth edition of this report takes a look back to 2011 and examines flavor and ingredient trends anticipated for 2012 in relation to:
- Ethnic & Regional Enticements
- Produce Predominates
- Flavor & Ingredient Crossovers
- Making Healthy Easier
- Mostly, Friendlier Fats
- Beverages Breaking Through
- Protein: Lean & Luscious
- Sexy Sandwiches
- Sweet Treats
The information in
What You’ll Get in This Report
This year’s report focuses more on flavor and ingredient trends across a wider range of food and beverage categories. A change from last year, it does not address sustainability, organic and natural ingredient trends, which are more appropriately covered in other, dedicated Packaged Facts reports.
Benefits of this Report Include:
- A single source providing extensive coverage of food flavors and ingredient trends expected to impact consumer food and beverage selection in 2012 and beyond
- Insight into how flavor and ingredient trends are moving through retail and foodservice
- An in-depth look at the new found importance and increased availability of produce, especially locally grown, both fruits and vegetables, from the perspective of growers, consumers, processors, retailers and foodservice operators
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.