The U.S. Market for Food Bars, 2nd Edition
Special Offer. Now 25% off the original price of $3000.
The $3 billion U.S. market for food bars is a fast-growing and ever-evolving segment, spanning a broad ingredient and flavor profile from healthy to indulgent that parallels its equally broad target audience. This Packaged Facts report covers the broad market for food bars, including breakfast bars, snack bars, granola bars, sports bars, meal replacement bars, and diet bars. The report combines quantitative sales data (based on Information Resources, Inc. InfoScan) with extensive qualitative research and analysis to provide complete coverage of all types of food bars—from the new wave of breakfast bars to those leading the way in health/nutrition/functional to “bite-size” versions blurring the lines between candy and cookies. The report documents market size and composition, details marketing and retail trends, forecasts market developments through 2010, and profiles food bar consumers across the categories using Simmons Market Research Bureau data.
The information in The U.S. Market for Food Bars, 2nd Edition, is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved an examination of the retail milieu, interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the food market and consultants to the industry. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. Packaged Facts has derived mass merchandiser sales figures from Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) InfoScan sales-tracking data. Figures provided on national consumer advertising expenditures are based primarily on data compiled by CMR/TNS Media Intelligence U.S., the leading provider of strategic advertising and marketing communications intelligence. The analysis of consumer demographics derives from Simmons Market Research Bureau survey data for fall 2004. New product information is gathered via literature research and data compiled by Datamonitor’s ProductScan.
The report looks at every segment of the food bar market, examining trends for growth and projecting sales of products through 2010. It analyzes consumer demographics and their current and projected impact on sales of food bars. It provides up-to-date competitive profiles of marketers of food bar products - including a look at smaller, up-and-coming companies - and discusses the influence of demographic trends as a driver of retail trends. The report also spotlights new products and current distribution trends, and offers readers trends and marketing opportunities within the food industry.
What You’ll Get in this Report
The U.S. Market for Food Bars makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that The U.S. Market for Food Bars offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream food marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, and analyses of the products they market)
- Retail Strategies (including mass marketers, health food stores and gyms)
- The Consumer (who’s buying what, and where)
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
Scroll down to see a more detailed outline of the contents of this report. How You Will Benefit from this Report If your company is already competing in the food bar market, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for food bar products, as well as projected sales and trends through 2010. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data from IRI and other published and trade sources, a detailed discussion of the consumer for food bars based on Simmons data.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for food bar products
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for products in the food bar arena.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the food and sports nutrition industries understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.