Energy Drinks in the U.S.
The soda industry better watch its back, there’s a new beverage in town and it’s crossing the line. Energy drinks, once the lesser segment within the sports nutritional beverage industry, has had break away success since 2002 growing an incredible 45% CAGR to reach $5.4 billion in 2006.
A closer look at IRI-tracked sales shows how flat bubbly soda is. In the past five years, energy drinks sales through mass-market channels grew at a 56% CAGR, while carbonated sodas declined 1%. The rub for the soda industry is that energy drinks are harkening back to the good old days and positioning products as elixirs of good health. In essence, energy drinks are reinventing the original soda platform from the late 19th century with a return to the early functional benefits of the soft beverage category.
Other beverage and even food and personal care categories may feel the power of energy drinks, as it creatively cross-fertilizes. Some mergers seem obvious, such as with tea and coffee products, but recent innovations in energy ice cream and energy drink beauty products speak to a very different future.
Energy Drinks in the U.S. examines the state of the U.S. market, from everyday major players to specialty premium niche players. The report analyses manufacturer and retailer strategies used to maximize growth and profitability. Coverage includes analysis of consumer usage, brand preference, retailing, new products and factors and trends that will fuel future growth.
Report Methodology The information in Energy Drinks in the U.S. is obtained from both primary and secondary research. Primary research data is provided by Simmons Market Research Bureau (consumer buying and usage data), Information Resources Inc. (market share data), and ProductScan (new product introduction data). Secondary research data has been obtained from trade association publications, business and medical journals, company literature and websites, databases, and investment reports. What You’ll Get in this ReportEnergy Drinks in the U.S. offers unique perspective on the bourgeoning market. No other market research report provides the analysis and trends coverage that Packaged Facts offers. Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs. How You Will Benefit from this ReportIf your company wants to get a head’s up on the trends that will be driving the market, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the factors that influence the development of this market.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for new product introductions.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the beverage industry and related industries to understand consumer mindset and to develop consumer messaging for these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.