Convenience Store Foodservice Trends in the U.S.
Packaged Facts' Convenience Store Foodservice Trends in the U.S. estimates that convenience store foodservice sales grew 5.6% in 2010, and we forecast sales to rise by 5.8% in 2011 and 5.3% in 2012, on the heels of aggressive foodservice platform build outs and increased convenience store foodservice patronage. In the process, foodservice is transforming the convenience store user experience, forcing players to improve their platforms or get left behind.
Convenience Store Foodservice Trends in the U.S. helps industry participants understand and leverage key trends shaping category growth, including:
- Analysis of convenience store users’ intended and actual purchases (by product category), to help participants develop trip consolidation strategies that increase guest traffic and leverage sales of other merchandise.
- Analysis of intended and actual foodservice purchases, to help participants leverage foodservice platforms as part of their trip consolidation strategies.
- Convenience store foodservice sales growth trends, by foodservice category (prepared foods, hot dispensed beverages, cold dispensed beverages, and frozen beverages), to help foodservice suppliers and operators develop menu items on trend.
- Prepared foods retail segment cross-usage analysis, to assess the degree of prepared foods competition among conveniences stores, grocery store/supermarket and fast food/QSR players and help position opportunity.
- Guest traffic analysis for the foodservice industry by segment; convenience stores, and convenience store foodservice, to identify opportunity among key demographic groups.
- “Quick Bite” food health attribute analysis, to develop on-the-go meal solutions and snacks in accordance with consumer health preferences.
- Convenience store foodservice purchase considerations, to develop and position menu items and craft marketing messages in accordance with consumer purchase rationales.
- Competitive foodservice analysis of five leading convenience store foodservice programs, to learn how these leading players are developing and adapting their foodservice platforms. Foodservice strategies, foodservice sales growth, menu analysis, and consumer usage demographics are included.