Condoms in The U.S.
Special Offer. Now 20% off the original price of $3,000.
The total U.S. market for condoms, including sales through all retail channels stood at $398.3 million in 2005, up 2.8% from 2004. The U.S. condom market is a stable and mature market growing at a steady rate every year. Constant public education on sexually transmitted diseases and the benefits of condom use have induced growth in this market, but recent government policies promoting abstinence may have dire effects. Educational and awareness initiatives by marketers will aid market growth.
At the same time, marketers are wise to continue the marked increase in innovation, especially those in the line of pleasure and emotional response versus pure function.
Condoms in the U.S. documents market size and composition, details marketing and retail trends, forecasts market developments through 2010, provides up-to-date competitive profiles of marketers of condoms and profiles condom buyers by product preferences.
The information in Condoms in the U.S. is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved on-site examination of the retail milieu, interviews with marketing, public relations and industry analysts within the personal care market and consultants to the industry. Market size data was derived from Information Resources, Inc. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. New product information is gathered via literature research, personal interviews and data compiled by ProductScan, a service of Datamonitor. Consumer information was derived from Simmons Market Research Bureau, fall 2005 National Consumer Survey.
What You’ll Get in this Report
Condoms in the U.S. makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that Condoms in the U.S. offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, and analyses of the products they market)
- The Consumer (who’s buying what, and where)
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the condom industry, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for condoms, as well as projected sales and trends through 2010. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data, and a detailed discussion of the consumer for condoms based on Simmons data.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for condoms.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for condoms.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the personal care industry understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.