Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S.
Thanks to improving attendance and in-park spending, U.S. amusement park foodservice sales have surpassed prerecession levels, and Packaged Facts’ Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S. forecasts continued growth through 2014. Make no mistake: food and beverage sales at amusement parks are big business, whether the parks are large or small; national, regional or local; sedate or thrilling; driven by teens, families, or a combination of both. Entertainment district growth, national restaurant brand opportunities, the need for healthier fare, and evolving promotional activity are each helping to shape tomorrow’s amusement park foodservice strategies.
The key to growing amusement park foodservice revenue comes down to matching an amusement park’s unique attributes to guests’ foodservice habits and preferences. This report thoroughly analyzes guest demographics, park visitation behavior, and attendance trends industry participants need to make this connection—and to frame foodservice within the context of the amusement park industry. The report provides the following:
- Assessment of trends affecting food service in amusement parks, including ticket pricing trends; meal promotions; food healthfulness; popular amusement park foods; quick-service and portability rationales; price promotions; entertainment districts; and branded food options.
- Analysis of industry amusement park industry attendance trends by demographic (including destination park and regional park categories) and by state of residence and park proximity.
- Trended demographic analysis of major amusement parks, including each Disneyland and Disneyworld park, each Universal park, Busch Gardens Florida, Seaworld, King’s Island, Cedar Point, Six Flags, and Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Comparison of snack and beverage, limited-service and full-service restaurant usage among amusement park visitors to the general adult population.
- Based on proprietary Packaged Facts data, analysis of amusement park visitors’ “last visit” to an amusement park: their choice of companions, the distance they travelled to the park, their mode of transportation, and their decision to use lodging; BYO food and beverage usage; and ticket, food, beverage, souvenir & parking spending.
- Market size and forecast for amusement park foodservice revenue for 2007-2014.
- Analysis of the impact of macro-economic drivers shaping amusement park foodservice, including an economic forecast through 2014; consumer confidence and unemployment; consumer spending trends and recreation spending trends; travel and leisure spending trends; hotel travel trends; and amusement park attendance trends.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.