The New American Homemaker: A Look at Today's Stay-at-Home Mom
Special Offer. Now 20% off the original price of $1,750.
Homemakers have long been the mainstay of marketing for consumer goods, and they continue to be the chief shoppers for their families. The traditional mass marketing techniques that once captured moms’ attention (and dollars) have lost much of their effectiveness in recent years, however. It’s no longer enough to buy TV ad time and create commercials that focus on happy housewives scrubbing their floors. Not only do today’s homemakers not watch TV with the same level of attention that they used to; they actively dislike TV advertising. The good news is that new technologies and media are giving marketers a wider variety of ways to capture moms’ attention and interest, and opportunities to interact with them in more meaningful (and profitable) ways.
Drawing on uniquely cross-tabulated Simmons Market Research Bureau survey data, along with government and private sector data sources, The New American Homemaker: A Look at Today’s Stay-at-Home Mom provides a snapshot of the modern American homemaker and identifies what works and what doesn’t with today’s stay-at-home mom by delving into her habits, behaviors, attitudes, and motivations—from her priorities when shopping for her family, to her feelings about new technology, to her attitudes about fashion.
The information in The New American Homemaker is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved interviews with experts, public relations and industry analysts in firms that specialize in mom market research. The report features unique analysis based on the Simmons Market Research Bureau Fall 2005 National Consumer Survey, as well as findings from BIGResearch and Lucid Marketing. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is interested in understanding and reaching the stay-at-home mom market, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight about stay-at-home moms not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current demographic profile of the stay-at-home mom population. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of data from published and trade sources, and in-depth examinations of the economic and societal trends that influence the consumer behaviors of this large and influential segment of the population. Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for products of interest to stay-at-home moms.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for products targeting the stay-at-home mom population.
- Advertising agencies to develop messages and images that compel stay-at-home moms to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.