The U.S. Affluent Market: The New Luxury Consumer
Special Offer. Now 25% off the original price of $3500.
In the wake of bull and bear markets, this Packaged Facts report explores the full range of affluent American consumers, from high-net-worth individuals to the “mass” or “emerging” affluent. Historical and projected market quantifications are provided for 1999 to 2008, including breakouts by factors such as age (from Gen X to senior citizens), gender, and race/ethnicity. The report includes four focus sections—Financial Management; Home, Auto, & Technology; Personal Shopping; and Travel & Leisure—that draw on recent Simmons Market Research Bureau demographic and psychographic data. A final section summarizes the strategic shopping and emotional brand relationships that characterize the new luxury consumer.
The information in The U.S. Affluent Market is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research involved interviews with experts, public relations and industry analysts in firms that specialize in demographic market research. Secondary research entailed data-gathering from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature. The analysis of consumer demographics derives from Simmons Market Research Bureau survey data for spring 2004.
What You’ll Get in this Report
Find out how the growing number of affluent families is providing attractive opportunities for marketers in a wide range of industries. Learn why affluent women are an increasingly attractive segment of the U.S. consumer market. Understand the impact of affluent youth on general-market consumer tastes and preferences.
Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
Scroll down to see a more detailed outline of the contents of this report.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the affluent market, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current demographic profile of the affluent market, as well as market growth and trends through 2008. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of data from published and trade sources, a detailed discussion of the affluent market based on Simmons data, and in-depth examinations of the economic and societal trends that influence the consumer behaviors of largest minority group in the country.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for the affluent market.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for products targeting the affluent segment.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the industries chasing the affluent market to help understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel the affluent market to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.