Marketers have big ideas for a big market: Together, plus-size clothing for women and girls, and big & tall clothing for men and boys, rocketed to $76 billion at retail in 2006. By 2012, plus-size/big & tall could shatter the $100 billion mark. Everyone knows that Americas trend to obesity is one major driver; two thirds of us are now overweight. But other positives include improved selection, hipper designs for youth, and the burgeoning e-tail channel. This new Packaged Facts report delves into annual sales patterns, forecasts, and the qualitative factors that shape this market. The competitive strategies of Casual Male, Charming Shoppes (Lane Bryant), Jones Apparel Group, Kellwood, Sara Lee (Just My Size), and others are profiled.
The information forming Plus-Size and Big & Tall Clothing: The U.S. Market was gathered from primary, secondary, and syndicated sources. Primary research involved on-site study of how plus-size/big & tall clothing is sold through retail stores; Packaged Facts also consulted with industry executives; and analyzed data on plus-size jeans from DataUnison (Victoria, British Columbia), the official reseller for eBay's Market Data Program.
Secondary research involved culling and comparing data from extensive articles in financial, marketing, and retail publications, as well as other trade press. Company literature, annual reports, government agencies, and other sources also provided valuable secondary data.
Estimates of media buys for advertising to consumers are taken from published data gathered by TNS Media Intelligence (TNSMI), a subsidiary of Taylor Nelson Sofres. Profiles of product and brand use are based on survey data from Simmons Market Research Bureau, Inc., one of the countrys leading demographics firms.
What Youll Get in this Report
Plus-Size and Big and Tall Clothing in the U.S. makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that Plus-Size and Big and Tall Clothing in the U.S. offers. The report addresses the following segments:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market growth)
- The Marketers (including discussions of specific marketer brand and market shares)
- Competitive Profiles (of the mainstream marketers, specialists and up-and-coming niche players, and analyses of the products they market)
- Retail and Internet Strategies
- The Consumer (whos buying what, and where)
- The Products
- Trends and Opportunities
Plus, youll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the plus-size and big and tall clothing industry, or is considering making the leap, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for plus-size and big and tall clothing, as well as projected sales and trends through 2012. Contributing to that understanding will be a complete analysis of sales data, and a detailed discussion of the consumer for plus-size and big and tall clothing based on Simmons data.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for plus-size and big and tall clothing.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for plus-size and big and tall clothing.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the clothing industry understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Infant, Toddler and Preschool Clothing Market in the U.S., 3rd Edition
Apr 1, 2011 - LA2848320 - $2,970.00
Packaged Facts Infant, Toddler and Preschool Research Bundle
Mar 1, 2011 - LA6185388 - $8,000.00
Latino Consumers: Demographic Patterns and Spending Trends among Hispanic Americans, 8th Edition
Jan 1, 2011 - LA2848314 - $3,200.00
Infant, Toddler and Preschool Furnishings, Toys and Accessories in the U.S., 4th Edition
Nov 1, 2010 - LA2707953 - $2,640.00
Babycare Supplies in the U.S.: Diapers, Bottles, Wipes and Feeding Accessories, 5th Edition
Jul 1, 2010 - LA2604910 - $2,640.00
The Affluent Consumer Market in the U.S.
Nov 1, 2009 - LA2010386 - $3,080.00
The Global Footwear Market: Athletic and non-Athletic Shoes
Aug 1, 2009 - LA2091872 - $2,640.00
The U.S. Eyewear Market: Prescription and Nonprescription Lenses, Sunglasses, Contact Lenses, and Frames, 2nd Edition
Jun 1, 2009 - LA2091871 - $2,112.00
Men’s and Women’s Fashion Accessories in the U.S.: Bags, Belts, Gloves, Hats, Scarves, Ties and Handkerchiefs
Jan 1, 2009 - LA1905380 - $2,600.00
U.S. Market for Infant, Toddler and Preschooler Furnishings and Accessories
Jun 1, 2008 - LA1676512 - $2,640.00