Packaged Facts and The Center for Culinary Development cordially invite you to the 57th Summer Fancy Food Show in Washington, DC July 8 – July 12, 2011 for an illuminating seminar - Coming Soon to a Shelf Near You: Restaurant-to-Retail Product Trends (SN2)
Sunday, July 10
Hot culinary trends trickle into the specialty food trade from restaurants (and food trucks and farmers market) of all stripes. Whether it’s the latest global flavor, a clever handheld form or a novel ingredient, restaurant chefs offer inspiration for innovation. At the same time, overarching foodservice trends indicate emerging consumer behavior and spending patterns. Consumers are eating out less and preparing more meals at home. What type of restaurant foods and experiences do consumers want to re-create? How does this affect the types of innovative products consumers want in their shopping bag or pantry?
In this illuminating seminar Kara Nielsen, Trendologist at the Center for Culinary Development, and David Sprinkle, Research Director at Packaged Facts, will present an engaging overview of restaurant-to-retail product trends, including independent restaurant menu trends and up-to-the minute examples of CPG new product introductions. Get a handle on what’s going on in the foodservice sector that is creating new opportunities in specialty food development, sales and marketing.
Kara Nielsen has over 17 years experience in the culinary industry. As Trendologist at the Center for Culinary Development (CCD), she conducts consumer and culinary trend research and analysis for food and beverage product development. She leads clients on culinary trend tours around the country and also produces and co-writes CCD’s bimonthly Culinary Trend Mapping Report, published by Packaged Facts. She speaks often on food trend topics at trade shows and conferences across the country.
Nielsen holds a Master’s degree in Gastronomy from Boston University and a Bachelor’s in French from Northwestern University. She has managed educational food and wine programs at Copia: The American Center for Wine, Food & the Arts in Napa and Sur La Table. Nielsen spent seven years as a pastry chef in San Francisco Bay Area restaurants; she is a former board member of the San Francisco Professional Food Society.
David Sprinkle is research director for Packaged Facts (Rockville, MD), a division of MarketResearch.com. He has presented at conferences such as Focus on the Future Trends & Strategy Forum, the National Confectioners Association State of the Industry Conference, and SupplySide West, as well as contributing to publications such as Gourmet Retailer, Natural Products Insider, and Progressive Grocer. His study on Premium Consumers and the New Economy: Food and Foodservice was published by Packaged Facts in 2009.
Packaged Facts, with a 50-year record of providing authoritative consumer research, offers in-depth market reports, expert analysis and custom services to help business professionals make the right strategic decisions. Packaged Fact’s areas of expertise include consumer goods and retailing, foods and beverages, and demographic trends.
View our informative on-demand webinar series for key market insights from select Packaged Facts reports.
Tethered by the Internet, restaurant operators are increasingly interacting with restaurant consumers in real-time–at work, at home or in mid stride – providing significant opportunity to shape consumer food choices not only as they are being made, but also in proximity to a restaurant seeking that consumer's business.
Market research publisher, Packaged Facts recently conducted a consumer survey in relation to their new market study titled Infant, Toddler and Preschool Furnishings, Toys and Accessories in the U.S., 4th Edition. Analysis of the survey found...
Private-label or store-brand food accounted for 80% of total private-label food and beverages sold through retail in 2009 with private-label beverage accounting for the remaining 20%
51 million adults. $1 trillion in spending power. Are getting your share? Educating yourself on how they purchase, what influences them to buy and where they spend their free time can have a serious impact on your bottom line.
Do Boomers and their Gen Y offspring turn to the same foods for comfort? How about Gen Xers, raising children in a new world of healthful options and global flavors? And what role do venerable food brands play in definitions of comfort food by generation?
Take a glimpse at the lifestyles and shopping behaviors of multicultural women in this free 4 minute audio segment.
Follow Packaged Facts on a journey through the U.S. pet market industry post recession. This insightful webinar identifies the segments that are seeing the largest growth rates, where customers are shopping for their pet products and more.
Food Flavor and Ingredients Outlook
There are no conferences at this time.Back to top ^
Questions?Contact a research specialist >